Tuesday, April 15, 2014

TWD/BWJ: Cantuccini



Simple.
Tasty.
Full of carbohydrates.
That pretty much says it all.
It's April 15th. Tax day. Tuesday of Holy Week. And chemo day. Not to mention the morning after a "blood moon" and a COLD, rainy, windy day here in Atlanta. It's supposed to drop down to freezing tonight. Things can only get better. 

See how I cleverly pre-shaped the ends?
Biscotti by any other name is still biscotti. They were fine. I tried one or two. Would have been better dipped in chocolate. I mean, there aren't many things that wouldn't be improved by a little chocolate. OK, maybe asparagus. To save myself the torture of not eating them, I sent most of these home with our boy who was here to do his taxes. It only took 2 hours to come up with $0 and $0 on his forms. Turbo Tax asks every question in the universe. Except maybe the important ones, like "how do you plan to make the world a better place?" Or "why do people litter?"

I have other pictures but don't seem to be able to add them anywhere except at the top of this page. I'm tired of trying so let's move on. The other Tuesdays With Dorie bakers are here.

And a shoe. Happy Easter. Or Passover. Or whatever the week may hold for you.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you =) Your cantuccini look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you do have a lot on your plate. Your cantuccini look great though. Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cantuccini look wonderful! Good thing you found a willing recipient. I'm going to use your idea about slanting the ends - I always dislike those little end pieces that result from the first diagonal cut. I share your experience of struggling with photos in my blog. Hope your week gets easier from here on out....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, aren't you smart shaping the ends! Nice work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter. Making these biscotti took way less time than getting through TurboTax, no?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look yummy. Didn't get a chance to make them, but hope to soon. Good idea shaping the ends like that! Smart!

    ReplyDelete