Monday, March 11, 2013

TWD/BWJ: Croissants


I *only* used 3 1/2 sticks of butter.
The recipe called for 4 1/2 but several
people mentioned that they were greasy.

I don't even know how far behind I am at this point. But I don't care. I made croissants. That's all that matters. And I took a little road trip with my boy, which required that the dough go into hibernation for a few days. The finished product disappeared right quick, so they must have been good. Here are a few pictures:
That's the butter layered on the dough.

pounded it out with my new french rolling pin
The infamous "double fold". 
Had to wait for me in the freezer. Half of it is still there.
used the scraper to cut. Have I mentioned
that this one little tool has changed my life?
let 'em rise outside in the sun.  

The croissant recipe can be found here and the TWD bloggers are here. But if you want to make these you simply must watch this

Here we are at the Space Center in Huntsville. The scale of those things is hard to capture in a picture. 

 

Saw a couple of shoes in the road on this trip, but didn't get a picture. So here's one from another time and place. It was last year in York, SC.



2 comments:

  1. I thought of you last week - I was travelling in Texas and there was a line of ~5-7 shoes along the side of the highway I was driving on. I wish I had my camera (and wasn't driving 60 miles an hour...)

    Congratulations on your croissant success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scraper is my all-time favorite tool! Use it all the time - from dough to chopped vegetables. I have given several as gifts (along with something else of course). Your croissants look great. I am going to make a second attempt this week. Wish me luck! (Will be using less butter also.)

    ReplyDelete