Saturday, January 30, 2016

TWD/BCM: Carrot-Tangerine Cake


OK, so it was supposed to be "Fluted Carrot-Tangerine Cake"
Didn't have the right pan. 
Didn't want to buy one.
Sometimes you make do.

Here's a secret.
I keep ginger in the freezer.
It grates up just fine when frozen.
Sometimes I don't even peel it.
You can gasp now.

My baby loaf pans.
Not fluted.


Used the wrong grater.
Smaller would have been better.

It's not like I didn't have others to choose from.

Added plenty of orange glaze.

We liked this nice little ginger-orange cake. Would have been hard pressed to identify it as carrot cake in a blind taste test. See what the other Tuesdays With Dorie bakers thought here.

And now, a shoe:



1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on this recipe on the blog today - this cake is so good! I love your baby cake version. I think it's good to be flexible with pans - it even feels a little empowering to know that you can adapt recipes to what you have, rather than collecting equipment you might not use often.

    ReplyDelete