Saturday, January 30, 2016

TWD/BWJ: Cornmeal-Currant Biscotti



Thank goodness there was cornmeal involved.
Our freezer is full of little brown bags of organic cornmeal.
It's wonderful stuff, from the CSA.

But I have a cornbread confession to make:
Martha White Hot-Rize.
With real bacon grease and real buttermilk.
In an iron skillet.
Can't beat it.

Whew! Glad I got that off my chest. 


I don't know about you, but I don't immediately think of cornmeal when I hear the word "Venice". However, it seems that Venice is "known for its cookies, and among the best known are these cornmeal-currant biscotti called zaleti." Never been to Italy. It's at the top of the list. Gotta make that happen. Quick.

For once, I watched the video WHILE I was baking.
Needed some direction on shaping.

No currants in this house, but we did have raisins.
Soaked them a little to plump.


Fast and easy. Which was unexpected for a recipe from Baking With Julia. A welcome surprise.


Check out the other Tuesdays With Dorie bakers who made these little gems.

And here's a shoe:


No comments:

Post a Comment