Monday, February 25, 2013

TWD/BWJ: Boca Negra


Didn't plan on baking this time because I gave up carbs for Lent but both kids came home for the weekend. It seemed like the right thing to do after all. And besides, Sundays don't count during Lent. Mama had to have a little slice. Just to test it, of course.

I'm a Kentucky girl, so you KNOW there was bourbon on the shelf. But only just enough since Christmas makes a dent in the supplies, what with eggnog and bourbon balls and all...
The only word I can think of to describe this is LUSCIOUS. And easy. Used the food processor method. It won't be the last time for Boca Negra at our house, although I may try Kahlua or Grand Marnier next time instead of the bourbon.
Tried to tell her that chocolate
isn't good for dogs. She didn't
care for that explanation.
Flipped out just fine.

Even poor nauseous Daddy took to it. This was a bad bad week all around. Chemo was hard, and then came the news that we're losing our pastor. I can hardly stand it. The kids and the chocolate saved me for now.
Did you notice my daughter's red hair? It used to be blonde (for the first 20 years of her life). That's what happens when they become art majors. Just sayin'. Get it out of your system now, honey. 

This recipe can be found here, and the other TWD bloggers are here. Do not fear the Boca Negra.

Here's a shoe I spotted in the courtyard at church one Sunday:

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes, I have an artistic one - we have run the gamut from blue to green to purple and much to my relief we have finally settled on an almost natural looking red (she was born a blondie). If I think of her as a "free spirit", it makes it all easier :-)
    Glad the cake was a hit & hang in there!

    ReplyDelete