Tuesday, January 16, 2018

TWD/DC: Cabin Fever Caramel Banana Bars


I've spent many happy hours baking along with
the other Tuesdays With Dorie participants.
But not posting about it.
It's been a VERY long time.
There's a catch-up day coming.

For now, I'll report on the Cabin Fever Caramel Banana Bars.
The photo above doesn't do them justice.
We devoured them before I got a better one.
You can refer to the photo on page 66 of Dorie's Cookies.
Ours looked just like that. No kidding.



It's been COLD here in Georgia.
Instead of Cabin Fever, I had a case of
Too-Cold-And-Lazy-to-Go-to-The-Grocery-Store.
How's that for a recipe title?

Didn't have fresh bananas, but there were some in the freezer for smoothies.
Didn't have yogurt or sour cream, but there was leftover eggnog.
Close enough.



We loved the crunch of the peanuts in the bar.
I used bittersweet chocolate on top.
Daughter said "obviously the right choice."

So much has happened since my last post. For now, let's just say 2017 was not our best year. Life goes on. One step at a time. It's all a person can do. A cookie now and then helps.

Here's a shoe. Actually two of them.





6 comments:

  1. so glad to see you again! sorry that you were having trouble posting your link...i caught it in the spam file and approved it. i think eggnog in these probably made them even better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sorry - I didn't know that whole long thing was going to post to the LYL. Please delete it if you can.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to the group. We loved these bars too. I hope 2018 is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These bars were terrific. I like the idea of using eggnog in them - yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One step at a time is right, Margaret. And grief has no timeline or no warning when it reaches out for you...one day you are fine, the next day not so much followed by two good days and one day back. It's a process. In August 2016, we lost our 23 year old son, two weeks later my husband had a heart attack from the grief of it all, two weeks later my mother died, two days later my son lost his other grandmother...two months later one of my very best long time friends lost her battle with breast cancer, a month later my father died the week before Christmas, and the day after Christmas, my husband's father died. In four months we had six funerals and a heart attack to deal with...I am just now coming back trying to put the pieces all in place again...it was all too much too close together. Hugs for you and know that I will be including you in my prayers...grief is something that cannot be explained but can be felt by those you don't even know. xo

    ReplyDelete