Marilyn, of cook bake learn grow picked me to receive a Liebster blog award!
The Liebster is a way of recognizing small blogs. The rules are to:
1. Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them
2. Post the award to your blog
3. Present the award to 5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value
4. Leave a comment on those 5 blogs letting them know they've received the award.
I'm totally new to this blogging thing and it feels funny to know that anybody at all is even out there. So now I have a confession to make. I have a secret. The secret is that NOBODY in my life knows about the blog. Not my husband or my kids or any of my real-world friends. I wanted to get my feet wet without worrying about what they thought. Too intimidating. And then a stranger reached out and was kind to me.
It reminded me of the compliment box. In my daughter's Montessori 3rd grade class, the children could write compliments and put them in the box. The teacher would read them to the class during circle time. I have one of those little slips of paper on my refrigerator door.
These girls are now freshmen in college. Different colleges. They went to different high schools too, but they've kept in touch all this time and they're still as close as friends can be. In fact, I took them to Harry Potter World just a few weeks ago. They have grown into thoughtful, kind, happy young women and it was a pleasure to be with them. Makes you wonder about that compliment box.
So, THANK YOU Marilyn! And in honor of this auspicious occasion, a very special shoe. I seriously could not believe it when I saw this one!
Now for my 5 picks:
1. Clare, the Dordogne Quilter- an English quiltmaker living in France with a wonderful liberated style of design
2. Cher, of The Not So Exciting Adventures of a Dabbler... - makes me laugh and writes the thoughts I have but can't put into words
3. Emese, from A Bear's Pastry Workshop - creates some of the most beautiful cookies I've ever seen
4. Helen, HelenNoBlog, a quilter from Long Island who always has something gorgeous and interesting to share
5. Mina, of Kinda Quilty - I can't believe how much this woman gets done! Constantly challenging herself. And her color sense is amazing. Plus, she's got a cool dog.